Table of Contents
Try to put the latest devices on top of each section and mark end-of-line products. Only specify the main parameters of the micro controllers and go more into deep with details about the CAN interface. Always try to put a link to the data sheet or manual.
8 bit Controllers
16 bit Controllers
32 bit Controllers
ADSP-CM40x Analog Devices has entered the ARM universe. It launched the ADSP-CM40x series, a mixed-signal control processor that integrates a 240-MHz floating-point ARM Cortex-M4 processor core. These processors are intended for industrial motor and solar inverter designs. The processor includes a CAN module with 32 message buffers, 8 receive only, 8 transmit only and 16 configurable for receive or transmit. The CAN controller allows additional data filtering on the first two bytes, which can be used for acceptance filtering in DeviceNet applications. All types do have 2 CAN channels. Versions with additional USB and Ethernet are available. The main interesting feature is the high precision ADC.
- ADSP-CM408F- ARM Cortex M4 Mixed-Signal Control Processor with High Precision 16 bit ADCs in 24x24mm 176 lead LQFP, USB, Ethernet optional
- ADSP-CM407F- ARM Cortex M4 Mixed-Signal Control Processor with Precision 16 bit ADCs in 24x24mm 176 lead LQFP, Ethernet optional
- ADSP-CM403F- ARM Cortex M4 Mixed-Signal Control Processor with High Precision 16 bit ADCs in 14x14mm 120 lead LQFP
- ADSP-CM402F- ARM Cortex M4 Mixed-Signal Control Processor with Precision 16 bit ADCs in 14x14mm 120 lead LQFP
* ADSP-BF60x Dual Core BlackFin up to 500 MHz with one CAN channel. ADSP-BF60x Blackfin Processor Support Community exists. BF608 and BF609 can be used for ASIL-B applications. µC/OS-III and µCLinux OS support. Prices (2012) around $15@1000.
* ADSP-SC58x/ADSP-2158x Multicore SHARC+ARM® SOC. One or two SHARC+ cores (DSP), with or without the ARM® Cortex®-A5 processor, and various peripheral options. Two classic CAN Interfaces. The CAN module implemented is the same as on the BlackFin (where can4linux was already implemented for)