Table of Contents
Try to put the latest devices on top of each section and mark end-of-line products. Only specify the main parameters of the micro controllers and go more into deep with details about the CAN interface. Always try to put a link to the data sheet or manual.
8 bit Controllers
16 bit Controllers
- S12ZVC provide one msCAN on-chip module plus an integrated CAN transceiver.
Freescale names it: S12 MagniV Mixed-Signal MCU for CAN Applications.
32 bit Controllers
Kv5x Cortex©-M7 family
Kinetis MCUs L- Series
exceptional energy-efficient and ease-of-use 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0+ processor
General Purpose MCUs
Segment LCD MCUs
USB and Segment LCD MCUs
Kinetis MCUs K- Series
Kinetis K high-performance 32-bit MCUs built on the ARM® Cortex®-M4 core.
USB MCUs with optional FlexCAN
Segment LCD MCUs
USB & Segment LCD MCUs
Ethernet Crypto MCUs with optional FlexCAN
Graphic LCD MCUs
Architectural Differences between the i.MX23, i.MX25, and i.MX28 This application note describes the key architectural differences between the i.MX23, i.MX25, and i.MX28 ARM® based 32-bit applications processors. This application note provides an overview on several aspects of these processors which includes core, security, peripherals, and connectivity. It compares the different features of the processors.
- 454MHz ARM926EJ-S core with 16KB/32KB Cache
- PMU with high efficiency on-chip DC/DC, supports Li-Ion batteries
- 10/100 IEEE® 1588 Ethernet with RMII support
- Dual CAN interfaces, FlexCAN2
- LCD Controller with Touchscreen
- NAND support – SLC/MLC and eMMC 4.4 managed
- Hardware BCH (up to 20-bit correction)
- 200 MHz 16-bit DDR2, LV-DDR2, mDDR external memory support
- Dual High speed USB with embedded PHY
- 8 General purpose 12-bit ADC channels and single 2 Msps ADC channel
- Temperature sensor for thermal protection
- Multiple connectivity ports (UARTs, SSP, SDIO, SPI, I2C, I2S)
- 3.3V I/O, 10 year lifetime (Industrial)
- Package and Temperature
- 289 BGA 14x14mm .8mm
- -20C to +70C (Consumer)
- -40C to +85C (Industrial)
- i.MX6Solo Single Core Cortey-A9 @1GHz, integrated LVDS, MIPI display, MIPI camera port, HDMI v1.4, 2xFlexCAN and MediaLB (Media Local Bus). Controller for consumer, automotive and industrial applications. The i.MX 6SoloLite (i.MX6SL) does not have the FlexCAN module.
Vybrid micro-controller series
a new family of dual core controllers (ARM Cortex-A5 and Cortex-M4). All family members do have 2x FlexCAN modules
Qoriq LS1 family of Cortex A7 based MCUs implementing up to four FlexCAN modules dedicated for non-automotive applications. Interesting, LS means Layerscape architecture.
- LS1020A for fanless networking devices such as gateways and access points,
- LS1021A for factory and building automation,
- LS1022A for power-sensitive industrial applications
Qorivva 32-bit MCUs based on Power Architecture® Technology (core e200z0h)
- Qorivva MPC5604P Pictus, one FlexCAN, 32 message buffers, and one additional FlexCAN module called Safety port which can be used with bit rates as fast as 7.5 Mbit/s at 60 MHz CPU clock using direct connection between CAN modules (no physical transceiver required.)
- Qorivva MPC5748G is equipped with seven FlexCAN interfaces, which support the improved CAN protocol (also known as CAN FD). In addition, the MCU provides one FlexCAN port for pretended networking. The MCU complies with the ISO 26262 automotive safety standard and fulfills ASIL B compliancy.
- MPC564 Three TouCAN modules (MPC561, 562/563/564)
Some members of the 56K family, like
MPC 500 Family
All members of this family introduced in 2002 are implementing one or more TouCAN modules.
Stand alone CAN Controllers
- MM9Z1J638 Battery Sensor with CAN (msCAN) and LIN. Wide range battery current measurement; on-chip temperature measurement. It features a HCSS12Z micro controller with 96/128 kByte Flash, 8.0 kByte RAM, 4.0 kByte EEPROM.