Table of Contents
Try to put the latest devices on top of each section and mark end-of-line products. Only specify the main parameters of the micro controllers and go more into deep with details about the CAN interface. Always try to put a link to the data sheet or manual.
8 bit Controllers
- and R8C/Next
16 bit Controllers
RL78 family, is a combination of the 78K0R architecture family wit peripherals of the R8C family
32 bit Controllers
- R-Car H2
- R-Car M2
- R-Car E2
- R-Car H3 2 x CAN/CANFD
- R-Car M3
32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 based microcontroller, 2-channel CAN compliant with ISO11898-1, 32 mailboxes/channel
S7G2 2 x CAN, S3A7 1 x RCAN, S124 1 x RCAN
One member of the RH family will be the first containing the new CAN FD module.
- RH850/V1R-M 320-MHz RISC MCU, 2-MiB flash, 2-MiB RAM, on-chip DSP core, 6 x CAN FD (the Renesas RS-CANFD complies with the ISO 11898-1:2016), developed for automotive radar ADAS solutions.
- RH850/P1M low power consumption, up to 2 MB flash and up to 128 KB RAM, enhanced motor control timer, up to three RS-CAN interfaces, digital interface for sensor such as SENT and PSI5, safety functions such as lockstep CPU, ECC, BIST (Built-in Self Test) and ECM (Error Control Module), suitable for chassis systems.
- RH850/P1H-C (R7F701372) 2 or 3 ch. M_CAN + 1 x MTTCAN
- RX200 Low power 32 bit family, 32-bit RXv2 CPU core @54 MHz, 1.8 to 5.5V, incorporating functions for IEC60730 compliance, 32-bit single-precision floating point
- RX230 family member with one CAN channel, Renesas RSCAN, 16 mbox
- RX600 165 DMIPS @ 100Mhz, IEC60730 class B, up to three CAN channels, LQFP/LGA/BGA
RX631 Manual (pdf) Chapter 36. CAN Module (CAN)
in FIFO mode the controller implements a 5 stage RX and 5 stage TX FIFO.
Especially the introduced RX631 micro-controllers are designed to serve space-constrained applications in 48- and 64-pin packages.
- RX64M operates iat 2.7 to 3.6 V with up to 120 MHz. Up to 4MB Flash with 120MHz Flash access & 512KB SRAM across range, 2ch Ethernet, 3ch CAN, 2ch USB (Host, OTG)
- CAN API Using Firmware Integration Technology, PDF document describing the latest CAN API. The manual explains the usage of this API and some of the features of the CAN peripheral for RX64M, RX71M.
- RX71M Family of 32-bit micro controllers. up to 240 MHz, up to 4 MB of on-chip flash memory, 552 SRAM, 3 ch CAN, Common functions: 12-bit A/D: 29 ch (8 ch x 1 unit + 21 ch x 1 unit), SCI, SCIF, I2C, RSPI, QSPI, SDHI, MMC, SSI (serial sound interface)
- EC-1 R-IN based SoC is intended for high-speed, high-precision control of slave applications that require higher CPU performance such as intelligent I/O modules equipped with EtherCAT communication functions. The SoC also comes with one CAN channel.
- R-IN32M3 Series (Renesas Industrial Networking Engine). ARM Cortex-M3 32-bit RISC CPU + HW-RTOS (Hardware Real-Time OS) 100 MHz. 2 channels CAN. R-IN32M3-CL CC-Link IE field controller and R-IN32M3-EC EtherCAT slave controller. Suited to be used as CAN to EtherCAT or CAN to CC-Link gateway.
Renesas R-IN application site.
Each of the two CAN channels implements 64 message buffers. R-IN32M3 Series User's Manual Peripheral Functions(PDF)
- The R-Car E1 is a new member of the R-Car series of automotive systems-on-chip (SoCs) offering low power consumption and high system integration targeting the cost-sensitive market of car navigation and multimedia systems including high end car radios. Two channel CAN Interface.
- R-Car H1 SoC (system-on-chip) for next-generation high-end car infotainment systems that integrates a quad-core high-performance ARM® Cortex™-A9 processor (1 GHz) supporting versatile operating systems, one Renesas SH-4A high-reliability real-time processing CPU core, a high-performance graphics processor and two image recognition processing IPs, a dedicated audio processing digital signal processor (DSP), and a variety of many other peripheral functions. Two channel CAN Interface.
- R-Car H2 SoC for car information systems. Besides high end graphic advanced automotive interfaces like Ethernet AVB, MOST-150 and 2 channel CAN and mass storage interfaces such as SATA, USB3.0/2.0, SDcard and PCI Express are supported. The R-Car H2 is powered by the ARM® Cortex™A-15 quad-core configuration running an additional ARM® Cortex™A-7 quad-core—the industry's first implementation of a Quad ARM® Cortex A15 and the big.LITTLE processing technique in an automotive SoC.
- The RZ family of embedded processors retain the ease-of-use of Renesas microprocessors (MPUs) while combining Renesas proprietary technologies with the ARM® ecosystem ARM9 core @400Mhz. (RZ/A comes from RZ ARM®, Cortex -A9 based family.)
- RZ/A1H 5 CAN channels (H stands for High density RAM: 10 MB)
- RZ/A1M 5 CAN channels
- RZ/A1L 2 CAN channels User Manual (PDF) Chapter 21 handle the CAN module which is called RS-CAN in the manual.
- 2D graphics engine supporting Open VG1.1
- LCD Controller XGA (1024×768) with 24 bpp
Stand alone CAN Controllers
Named CAN modules
H8S/2646, H8S/2648, H8S/2649, H8S/2630, H8S/2639, H8S/2638, H8S/2636, H8S/2635, H8S/2628, H8S/2615 H8S/2612
The module can be found on the 8-Bit R8C/3x and R8C/Next. It features
- 32 mailboxes
- 5 interrupt sources
- RX and TX FIFO mode
- test mode
- Time stamp function using a 16-bit counter
- CAN sleep mode
The module can be found on the Cortex-A9 based RZ family, and the RH family