Table of Contents
Cypress (Spansion / Fujitsu)
On December 1st 2014 Spansion merged with Cypress. Cypress offered in the past controllers with CAN with its PSoC series. These controllers are added here.
Try to put the latest devices on top of each section and mark end-of-line products. Only specify the main parameters of the micro controllers and go more into deep with details about the CAN interface. Always try to put a link to the data sheet or manual.
Years age there was a short form catalogue of all Fujitsu CAN controllers available. Where is it now?
8 bit Controllers
16 bit Controllers
Fujitsu offered many 16bit derivates.
32 bit Controllers
- Feb/2015 Spansion announced Cortex®-M7 family
Traveo automotive MCU portfolio
The latest products, announced Jan 2016, enabling over-the-air (OTA) software upgrades. This is achieved by designing an MCU capable of talking to two separate, external flash memory units over a single HyperBus integrated in the MCU. While one flash memory unit retains the previous version of software, another will store new updates. If something goes wrong, you can always “roll back to the previous version,”.
- Traveo™ S6J3100 family of ARM Cortex R5 based dual-core controllers @200 MHz. up to three CAN channels. Already CAN FD
- S6J311EJAA, CAN controller: CAN FD, Max 2 channel, CAN Clock Max 40MHz, 192 message buffers/channel, data bit rate max 5 Mbit/s
- S6J33XX ARM Cortex-R5 processor running at 240MHz, 4MiB FLASH, MOST, Ethernet, six CAN-FD channels, ISO26262 safety features,Clock Extension Peripheral Interface (CXPI)
- FM4 MCU family based on Cortex®-M4
- S6E2C-Series @200 MHz, 2.7 - 5.5V, 2 CAN, up to 2 MiB FLASH, 192 KiB SRAM, 1 CAN FD
32BIT MICROCONTROLLER FM4 Family Communication Macro Part, CHAPTER 5-2 CAN Controller, CHAPTER 5-3 CAN FD CONTROLLER
The current manual (Dec 2015) states is non-ISO CAN FD
S6E2CC / Data Sheet
- S6E2G-Series @180 MHz, 2.7 - 5.5V, 1 CAN
- S6E2H-Series @160 MHz, 2.7 - 5.5V, 2 CAN
- FM3 MCU family based on Cortex-M3,
- MB9 [AB] Fx, where x is
- 1: Without USB/CAN
- 4: With CAN
- 5: With USB & CAN
- D: Dual EtherMAC & USB & CAN
- MB9BF506A for inverter control.
- MB9B520M Series (PDF) max. 2 CAN channels.
- MB9A420L/120L Series Features CAN Communications, Energy-efficiency
- ARM Cortex-M7 - announced at Electronica 2014 in Munich, hopefully with CAN, and CAN FD
- FM0+ MCU Family based on Cortex-M0+ (does this family have CAN members?)
- MB9DF126 Atlas
- MB9DF125 Atlas-L
- MB9EF226 Titan