Table of Contents
CAN Interface collection
This collection is only for generic interfaces to the CAN bus. Traditional PC interfaces from internal PC busses to USB to CAN or wireless or whatever.
CiA maintains a Product Guide for products having a CAN bus interface like industrial IO, HMI, motion controllers …
A collection of CAN Interface API requirements.
CAN Interfaces supporting CAN FD are marked with a smiley
CAN Interfaces (generic products)
- Agilent J8120A Vehicle Protocol Tester Series 500 (VPT501) for Controller Area Networks (CAN)
- Agilion Wireless CAN interfaces
- Analytica AnaGate series: CAN USB gateway, CAN Ethernet gateways and PROFINET CAN gateways (AnaGate API, socketCAN).
- AVRCard CAN-SPI Adapter with MCP2515 controller for embedded microcontrollers, software
- Berger 2x CAN and LIN interface and with analog inputs and switch outputs
- Lawicel Low cost CAN↔RS232 dongle.
- Contemporary Controls ISA, PCI, PC104 and PC-Card, Contemporary Controls Inc.
- Elrasoft UPA-USB CAN Bus Analyzer, is an USB/CAN interface plus analyser software (Windows™ only)
- Embedded Intelligence, Inc High performance USB and PCIe based CAN interfaces with on-board processing
- ESD Industrial CAN Interfaces for ISA, PCI, cPCI, PC-104, VME, PMC, USB, Bluetooth, etc.
- I+ME Actia CAN interfaces and software (all kinds of standard interfaces, WLAN to CAN), CANopen Support
- Intrepid Control Systems, Inc. Innovative tools for CAN, LIN, J1850, K-Line, J1939, J1708, ISO9141, Keyword 2000, GMLAN, UART, CCP/XCP, ISO14229
- IXXAT Broad product range of CAN interfaces (PCI,USB,Ethernet,…) supported by a common CAN driver and CANopen
- Janz CAN/CANopen Interfaces for different system architectures
- Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces with a wide range of software support.
- National Instruments CAN interfaces and drivers for LabVIEW, CVI and C
- PEAK-System Technik GmbH Hardware and software for CAN bus applications
- http://www.pp2can.wz.cz LPT CAN interface, software
- RM CAN Standard and wireless CAN interfaces, Software and CAN Displays
- Softing CAN Interface boards in various form factors and interfaces: CAN PCI, CAN PC/104, CAN USB, CAN PC Card, PCMCIA; drivers for Windows, Linux, and numerous real time OS; free CANopen Master API
- SSV Embedded ARM modules with CAN
- Vector Informatik Interfaces for CAN, FlexRay, SAE J1708, MOST and LIN from Vector
Wireless CAN Interfaces
- IXXAT CANblue II. Bluetooth specification V2.1 EDR, 200 m max; available with internal or external antenna.
Different operating modes:
- Bridge mode
- ASCII/Binary protocol mode
- PC operation mode with VCI driver support
- CANBus Triple uses an ATMega 32u4 microprocessor, and Bluegiga Low Energy Bluetooth module, and three independent Microchip MCP2515 CAN controllers. This is an Open Source hard- and software project. The development was funded by Kickstarter . Main Firmware ia available at Github. CANBus Triple can be connected to PC via USB too.
USB and RS232 to CAN Interfaces
- 8Devices USB2CAN is galvanically isolated and is available for purchase online. USB 2.0 full speed. Available drivers:Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (64 bit), Linux.
- CAN capture - Robust, high-quality USB to CAN interface - $170.00
- CANBus Triple, see at Bluetooth section.
- CANHACK CANUSB Interface, High Speed CAN + OBD2 (79,- Euro; incl. CANHACKER CAN Monitor)
- CANUSB Low cost CAN<→USB dongle.
- CANUSB Low cost CAN to USB Adapter.
- DIGA CRUSB 1.2 Converter for CAN frames to USB port and back. Based on SJA1000. Ideal solution for CAN frames (data) logging based on PC.
- Embedded Intelligence, Inc USB-CAN-01 is a galvanically isolated USB 2.0 high speed CAN interface with driver support for Windows and Linux. Free CANview monitoring software is provided with CANopen message decoding.
- ESD Electronics - USB-Mini CAN Gateway for industrial and medical applications.
- ICPDAS tM-7530CR - Intelligent tiny RS-232/CAN converter, software configurable CAN and RS-232 communication parameters
- Imcon Electronics s.r.o. IBS-CPC CAN to USB adapter, without or with galvanic isolation, CiA DS102 compatible
- Intrepidcs Intrepid ValueCAN? -fully isolated USB to 2 channel CAN converter
- Intrepidics Intrepid neoVI - Multi-network (4xDWCAN, 1xSWCAN, 1xLSFTCAN, 4xLIN) vehicle interface tool designed for stand-alone logging, scripting, and automation
- IXXAT USB-to-CAN V2; PC interfaces for CAN and CANopen with common Windows driver API, CAN driver ECI for Linux and optional CANopen driver; available in compact, embedded, professional, or automotive variants; simple “miniMon” CAN bus monitor included in delivery.
- CAN-GW100/RS232; RS232-CAN Converter; two modes are available for use in CAN and CANopen networks; several CANopen features supported
- JANZ - CAN/CANopen Interface for USB (v1.1/v2.0)
- Kvaser - Kvaser Leaf Professional, Kvaser Memorator,
Kvaser Leaf Light HS v2 supports CAN FD
- Lawicel CANUSB and CAN232
- MHS Tiny-CAN I - III & GNU-Open Source CAN analyser for Linux and Windows
- Mictronics Atmel AVR based free and open USB<>CAN dongle including WinXP? application
- RM Michaelides Robust CAN to USB interface
- Simma Software CAN to RS-232 and USB adapters
- SMT CANKey - CAN USB Adaptor, designed for communication used in networks with a large number of nodes that require communication over large distances.
- Softing CANpro USB embedded CAN USB interface without housing to be used in industrial PCs or embedded control modules. The modules CAN interface is a DSUB-9 according CiA 102.
- Softing - CANusb interface board for USB; drivers for Windows and Windows Embedded CE; free CANopen Mster API
- Vector Informatic CANcaseXL and CANcaseXL log
- Zanthic Hi speed CAN-4-USB/FX interface with drivers for WinXP?, Vista 32/64, Win7 32/64
- Copley Controls - Dual channel optically isolated PCI CAN interface. Drivers for Windows, Linux and several RTOS.
- EMS-Wuensche up to 4 channel CAN, isolated CAN, Windows and Linux drivers
- ESD - A variety of PCI CAN interfaces
- IEI Integration Corp. ICAN-02 dual channel PCI interface, isolated CAN, Windows support only.
- icpdas 8-Port Isolated Protection Universal PCI CAN Card. The company offers o braod range of CAN interface boards.
- IXXAT all interfaces are provided with CAN driver VCI for Windows and simple CAN monitor “miniMon”
- Janz - CAN/CANopen Interfaces for PCI based systems with up to 4 channels;
- CAN-PCIH 4 channels with IBM PowerPC? 405
- CAN-PCIH/FD FPGA based (Xilinx Zynq XC7Z015, 400 MHz), Up to 4 CAN-FD channels, Bus termination onboard (120 Ohm, software controlled), Data transfer rate up to 4 MBit/s
- Kvaser - Kvaser PCIcanxII, Kvaser PCIcanx
- peak-system one or dual channel CAN, isolation is a option, Windows and LINUX drivers
- port dual channel isolated CAN, Windows and Linux drivers
- Softing - Single and dual channel PCI CAN interfaces; drivers for Windows, Linux, and numerous real time OS (e.g. VxWorks?, QNX, etc.); free CANopen Mster API
- Vector CANboardXL
- Embedded Intelligence, Inc Single and dual channel PCI express CAN interfaces. CAN ports are galvanically isolated and driver support is provided for Windows, Linux and some RTOS. Free CAN monitoring software is provided with CANopen message decoding.
- EMS Wünsche dual channel CAN, isolated CAN, Windows and Linux drivers (can4linux, SocketCAN)
- CAN FD is in development
- ESD CAN-PCIe/2000: PCIe 1x, single o. dual channel, isolated, platform independant API
- CAN-IB100/PCIe: CAN High- & Low-Speed; up to 4 channels; HS CAN channels can be switched to LS CAN via SW; galvanic isolation optional
- CAN-IB200/PCIe: active PCIexpress card for CAN (HS / LS), LIN and K-Line; up to 4 CAN channels; up to 4 LIN or K-Line interfaces; HS CAN can be switched to LS CAN via SW; galvanic isolation optional;
- CAN-IB 500/PCIe and CAN-IB 600/PCIe The two interface cards (passive/active) will support not only CAN but also the CAN FD standard. Additionally they will come with a suite of drivers and tools.
- CAN-PCIeL up to 4 x CAN DSUB-9, galv. isolated, SJA 1000 based, 2 x diagnostic LEDs (green/red) per channel (channel 1 and 2 only), On-board line termination 120 Ω; enabled by jumper or software
- Peak one or dual channel CAN, isolation is a option, Windows and LINUX drivers
- Softing - Single and dual channel PCI Express CAN interfaces; free CANopen Master API
* Vector CANboardXL PCIe, CANcardXLe (ExpressCard?)
mini PCI Express
- PEAK PCAN-miniPCI, one or two channel, FPGA CAN-Controller implementation (SJA1000 compatible), CAN-Transceiver PCA82C251, -40 to 85 °C
- DFI (Taiwan) MPE-CAN, 2 CAN channels by a Microchip PIC32, Operating: 0°C to 60°C, 50.59mm x 30mm (1.99“ x 1.18”), expander CAN-C with two DSUB9 male connectors.
- Innodisk (Taipeh/Taiwan) EMUC-B201, two channels CANbus (2 x DB-9) with Galvanic Isolation 2500V, -40 to +85 °C, Input via USB2.0, 50.59mm x 30mm (1.99“ x 1.18”)
PCMCIA, PC Card
- EMS-Wuensche Dual channel CAN, Windows and LINUX drivers
- IXXAT tinCAN161; PC interface for CAN and CANopen with common Windows driver API and optional CANopen driver.
- Janz - CAN/CANopen Interface for PCMCIA
- Kvaser LAPcanII
- http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/de/nid/10235 | National Instruments]] PCMCIA-CAN Series 2
- Peak-Systemtechnikone or dual channel CAN, isolation is a option, Windows and LINUX drivers
- Softing CANcard2 - Dual Channel CAN PCMCIA board; drivers for Windows, Linux, and numerous real time OS (e.g. VxWorks?, QNX, etc.)
- Vector CANcardXL
- IXXAT iPC-I 165; PC interface for CAN and CANopen with common Windows driver API and optional CANopen driver.
- Janz CAN/CANopen Interface for ISA with up to 4 channels
- Kvaser Kvaser PCcan
- Peak System Technik one or dual channel CAN, isolation is a option, Windows and LINUX drivers
- port AT-CAN-MINI; one channel CAN, isolation is a option; can4linux 32/64Bit
- Janus-MM Wireless & Dual CAN Module. SJA1000 based dual CAN. Galvanic Isolation, 82C251 transceiver. Can be extended by a Condor C2626 GPS add-on module.
- Janus-MM-4L, 4 or 2 CAN channels implemented in one FPGA. CAN channels are galvanically isolated using the ADM3053 transceiver. The board also has 16 programmable DIO lines arranged in 2 8-bit ports. Windows Embedded and Linux drivers. -40ºC to +85°C.
- EMS Wünsche Up to 4 CAN channels, isolation is a option, Windows and LINUX Drivers
- ESD Electronics PC-104 CAN interfaces 1 or 2 channels
- IXXAT CAN driver VCI for Windows and simple CAN monitor “miniMon” included
- Janztec CAN/CANopen Interface for 16 bit PC/104
- Softing Single and dual channel active PC/104 boards; drivers for Windows, Linux, and numerous real time OS (e.g. VxWorks?, QNX, etc.); free CANopen Master API
- Softing Single and dual channel passive PC/104 boards; drivers for Windows, DOS, Linux, and Windows Embedded CE; free CANopen Master API
- IXXAT CAN driver VCI for Windows and simple CAN monitor “miniMon” included
- CAN-IB130/PCIe 104available with up to two CAN channels and galvanic isolated interfaces.
- CAN-IB230/PCIe 104 active PCI/104-Express card for CAN (High- and Low-Speed) and LIN; available with up to 4 CAN channels and galvanic isolated interfaces; one high-speed CAN channel can optionally be switched to low-speed via software
- Janus-MM-4LP, 4 or 2 CAN channels implemented in one FPGA. CAN channels are galvanically isolated using the ADM3053 transceiver. The board also has 16 programmable DIO lines arranged in 2 8-bit ports. Windows Embedded and Linux drivers. -40ºC to +85°C.
- CAN-104L+ CAN/CANopen Interface for 32 bit PC/104+, dual SJA1000 opto isolated
- PC104+ with local 16 bit microcontroller by fast DPRAM. IDC Header CAN connectors, -40°C - +85°C.
- PCAN-PC/104-Plus Quad galvanic isolation, 9-pin D-Sub plug on supplied slot brackets. SJA1000 compatible FPGA implementation, NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver, 40 to 85 °C
- PCAN-PC/104-Plus one or dual channel CAN, isolation is a option, Windows and LINUX drivers, NXP SJA1000 CAN controller, NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver, 40 to 85 °C
- http://www.digitallogic.ch/index.php?id=pc104-peripheral dual channel CAN/LIN Vector compatible MSMC104+
- Softing Single and dual channel PC/104plus CAN interfaces; drivers for Windows, Linux, and real time OS; free CANopen Mster API
Links to CAN Data Loggers:
- http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/product.jspx?nid=-35137.689304.00&cc=US&lc=eng J8120A Vehicle Protocol Tester Series 500 (VPT501)for Controller Area Networks (CAN) built in standalone data logger capability
- http://www.bergerelektronik.com/produkte/datenlogger-isi-log.html 2x CAN and LIN Datalogger with 4 GByte capacity and with analog inputs and switch outputs
- http://intrepidcs.com/neovifire/ Intrepid neoVI - Multi-network (4xDWCAN, 1xSWCAN, 1xLSFTCAN, 4xLIN) vehicle interface tool designed for stand-alone logging, scripting, and automation
- http://www.janz.de - emPC systems for CAN data logging
- http://www.kvaser.com - Kvaser Memorator, Memorator Professional, Eagle (programmable)
- http://www.pp2can.wz.cz/CAN2MMC.htm CAN bus - MMC/SD data logger
- http://www.rmcan.com/index.php?id=79&L=1 - CANlogger
- http://www.vector.com/vi_logging_de.html - CANcaseXL Log, CANlog, Multilog, GL1000
- http://www.movimentogroup.com/puma-3/ Puma 3 (programmable)
Other link collections
- CERN EN Engineering Department maintains a list of PCI interfaces with information about available software (drivers)